CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19): OUR COMMITMENT TO GUESTS
ISSUED MARCH 17, 2020 at 11:00 AM EST (UPDATED AUGUST 17th, 2021 at 11:30AM EST)
To Our Valued Guests,
At The Ohio University Inn & Conference Center our priority is first and foremost the safety and well-being of our guests and team members.
We continue to closely follow the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, both domestically and abroad. We are in regular contact with local authorities. Our teams are monitoring the most up-to-the-minute information provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), the Governor’s Office of Ohio, and the City of Athens Mayor’s Office.
We remain committed to upholding the highest standards of cleanliness across our entire hotel. We have implemented heightened precautions in sanitation, disinfection, and cleaning measures as guided by the CDC and WHO.
We are undertaking the following measures to maintain a safe and healthy environment:
- We have implemented new cleaning protocols which follow U.S. Centers for Disease Control and World Health Organization recommendations. Our cleaning team is using peroxide-based cleaners that are effective against viruses.
- We are in constant communication with our team members to reinforce our sanitation safety procedures in both guest facing and back of the house areas. High traffic areas are being cleaned with increasing frequency.
- All departments have implemented hand washing and sanitizing procedures to take place multiple times during the day.
- All team members are prohibited from reporting to work with a respiratory illness that can be transmitted to others.
- If at any point a guest feels ill, they should stay in their room and contact the front desk immediately. A member of our team will inform you of your options and take the proper steps to ensure the we all stay safe.
- Increased focus on disinfecting in guest rooms including all high touch areas.
- Increased cleaning and disinfection frequency of public areas multiple times daily.
- Guest accessible disinfecting wipes and sanitizer at entrances and all high traffic areas.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfecting of fitness centers.
- Enhanced cleaning in restaurants, bars and meeting spaces.
- Social distancing furniture adjustments in public areas, bars and restaurants.
- Continued development of meeting space alternative set ups to accommodate social distancing guidelines.
- Reduced paper and other non-necessary amenities in guest rooms.
- Enhanced team member safety and well being with personal protective equipment as well as training standards for new protocols.
Our team takes great pride in the role we play in the lives of our customers and guests. Rest assured that as circumstances continue to develop, one thing will remain constant: We will make our decisions with the health and well-being of our customers, guests, team members, and community as our highest priority.
Ohio University Inn & Conference Center