Hocking Hills State Park: An Ohio Favorite
The most-visited natural attraction in Ohio, Hocking Hills State Park is renowned for its beauty in all seasons and its many recreational opportunities. Our hotel is just a short drive from many of the most popular locations within the Hocking Hills: Old Man’s Cave, Ash Cave, Conkle’s Hollow, and many more. Visitors to the park can enjoy activities such as rock climbing, hiking, fishing, biking, and kayaking, as well as taking in views of all the lovely flora and fauna.
Additional Attractions in Athens
- Quilt Barn Tour—This driving tour takes you through the rolling hills and fields of wildflowers to view quilts painted by local artists on barns throughout the region.
- Hocking Valley Scenic Railway—Take a ride through the countryside on fully restored railway cars built in 1918, the 1920s, and 1950s.
- Dairy Barn Arts Center—This art gallery located in a dairy barn built in 1914 features art from contemporary and local artists
- Nelsonville Historic Square Arts District—Home to a large Appalachian artist community, this district includes galleries, shops, a farmer's market, and cafés.
- West State Cemetery—Inside this haunted cemetery, the West State Angel gravestone commemorates unidentified soldiers, and many visitors have seen the angel flutter her wings or shed tears.